Monday, December 10, 2012

Roasted Veggie Tacos

I love tacos. Lately I've been trying to be more creative than the normal chicken or beef tacos. I saw a recipe for roasted vegetable tacos on a website and adapted it a bit.

I diced a summer squash, a zucchini, a red pepper and a red onion into large chunks and then tossed them in a couple tablespoons of olive oil, a large pinch of salt, 2 teaspoons of cumin and 4 cloves of minced garlic. I then put all the veggies on a baking sheet and roasted them in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes (until they were tender and starting to brown).

While they were roasting I mashed together an avocado, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt until it was creamy.  (just use a fork to mix these. i tried it in the blender and it would have been much easier just to do it by hand!)

I also heated up a can of black beans on the stove.

Then I warmed up some corn tortillas in a skillet (wrap them in a clean dishtowel to keep them warm) and shredded up some monterey jack cheese.

When the veggies are done, you just assemble your tacos. A big scoop of veggies, a spoonful of black beans, a good drizzle of the avocado cream and then some of the shredded cheese.

These were SO good. I should have used more veggies because Kirk and I could have each had another taco or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment